The Technical Data Specialist will input critical crop production and agronomy data into databases and GIS programs. The position will work with the Technical Agronomy team to provide timely input and organization of farmer customer soil test files, yield files and as applied files. The Technical Data Specialist will be located at BRANDT HQ in Springfield and support BRANDT Retail locations in Central Illinois.
- A 2-4 year degree in agricultural GIS or agronomy or a closely related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of job experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills especially as it relates to field maps, GPS files, excel spreadsheets, various controller files.
- Capability to multi-task multiple platforms and work on multiple projects at once.
- Willingness to learn and help support GIS programs and platforms as they evolve.
- Commitment to detail ensuring data bases and precision ag data is clean and actionable for crop management decisions.
- Knowledge of agronomy a plus: crop production, fertility, seed, and crop protection.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Categorize and organize customer yield files, soil files, as applied files for use in analysis and decision support.
- Provide support to BRANDT Agronomy team in inputting and organizing customer ag data.
- Dedication and excitement to correct errors and omissions in collected ag data from BRANDT customers.
- Instrumental in gathering, sorting, and preparing data into folders, maps, and/or digital formats to assist salespeople with customers and prospects.
This position will be located at the BRANDT corporate office in Springfield. Our vision is that this person will spend the majority of their time managing data in the office.
Salary commensurate with experience
Brandt Consolidated, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.