The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for the effective and successful management of productivity, quality and employees at Midstate Warehouse. This position will be responsible for unloading dry and liquid fertilizer, managing the building and grounds, completion of required paperwork, and maintenance activities with the equipment and building. This position must have the ability to help at other locations including Curran, Meredosia and Havana. This position will supervise other employees while managing their workload and ensure tasks are completed. The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing customer invoicing, inventory management, deposits and reporting.
The Assistant Operations Manager will report to the Midstate Warehouse Operations Manager of BRANDT Dealer Support.
- Manage team of four or five employees unloading fertilizer, working on equipment and ensuring trucks are loaded
- Ensure employees are executing duties in a timely manner
- Ability to unload dry fertilizer railcars
- Operate front end loaders to load dry fertilizer trucks
- Ability to help at other locations unloading/loading liquid fertilizer
- Maintain all equipment including conveyors, loaders, rail, buildings, pumps, and grounds
- Ability to do some welding and minor electrical work
- Maintain accurate inventory and complete bill of ladings
- Ability to communicate and schedule incoming and outgoing loads
- Supervise and execute cleaning of tanks
- Teamwork/Collaboration Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Relationship Building
- Customer Focus
- Independent Self-Starter
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
This position is responsible for managing all employees at the designated location.
This position is in a warehouse environment using forklifts and end loader equipment.
Classification/Expected Hours of Employment
This position is a full time position and is exempt from minimum wage and overtime pay requirements under federal and all applicable state or local laws. Days and hours of work are based on needs of customers and seasonal work.
This position may have some travel to Curran, Meredosia or Havana depending on staffing needs and requirements.
Required Education and Experience
- Supervisory experience- at least two years
- Ability to work on conveyors, end loaders and some welding
- Ability to do building and grounds maintenance
- Intermediate computer and software skills required.
- Ability to be on feet at least eight hours a day.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Team BRANDT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.