The Accounting Clerk/Backup Receptionist reports to the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
Assists with entering payables into AgVance software, maintain file of unpaid payables, pull invoices for payment, write checks to pay invoices.
- Organize and distribute AP invoices for approvals.
- Check incoming statements from vendors/suppliers for past due invoices.
- Keep track of cleaning personnel, telephone allowances, etc. and put in for payment each month.
- Maintain and distribute payroll grids for weekly payroll.
- Maintain employee attendance records.
- Maintain vehicle registrations, titles and fees.
- E-mail and photocopy monthly financial statements for distribution.
- PTAX – 401 files – complete and submit PTAX forms for all locations annually.
- Create audit letters per auditor instruction annually.
- Functions as the secondary person to answer main telephone lines and greet the public.
- Functions as the secondary person to handle incoming and outgoing mail for the building.
- Assists with incoming and outgoing UPS and Fed Ex packages.
- Assists with meeting/lunch prep as needed which could include set up, preparing coffee, making sure there is bottled water or other drinks, refreshments and clean-up.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- General knowledge and understanding of accounting procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Professional office environment. This position requires competency in using standard office equipment and software such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Will train on AgVance software.
Classification/Expected Hours of Employment
This position is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
- Associates Degree
- 1-3 years accounting related experience or an equivalent combination of education or training
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Team BRANDT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.