The Agronomic Sales Representative will provide agronomic support, education, and manage sales within the designated area. This position will assist the location manager with sales, interfacing with customers in the area, field scouting and mixing of fertilizer. This job requires the ability to direct sell, consult, and work with the local manager on fertilizer needs.
The Agronomic Sales Representative will report to the Wyanet Plant Manager. This position will work with the Wyanet customer base and is a potential leadership opportunity for growth into a plant management position.
- Provide agronomic support to local customers
- Calls on regular or prospective customers to generate new business
- Knowledge of the retail agronomy industry
- Answers questions concerning products
- Completes sales contracts and forms to record required sales information
- Builds and develops long-term relationships with customers, peers and suppliers
- Provide problem solving and understanding of customer needs to reach customers’ goals and expectations
- Ability to analyze and investigate then resolve customer issues
- Teamwork/Collaboration Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Relationship Building
- Customer Focus
- Independent Self-Starter
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
Not applicable to this position.
The Agronomic Sales Representative will be required to work within their designated territory, assisting customers and retail locations.
Classification/Expected Hours of Employment
This position is a full time position and is exempt from minimum wage and overtime pay requirements under federal and all applicable state or local laws. Days and hours of work are based needs of customers and retailers.
This position requires up to 75% travel within their designated territory.
Required Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Agronomy or Ag And/or minimum 2 - 5 years of job experience required.
- Certified Crop Advisor designation preferred.
- Intermediate computer and software skills required.
- CDL is required.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Team BRANDT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.