The BRANDT Field Advisor (BFA) will provide technical agronomic support, education, and be well versed in all seed brands offered by BRANDT and competitors. He or she will be an expert in seed treatments and agricultural technologies. Additionally, the BFA will be integral in assisting the retail sales team on other inputs or value added agronomy as requested by them or the customer. The BFA will be expected to assist with operational work around the retail plants and must possess a “can do” attitude to help when teammates need it. The job requires the ability to direct sell, team sell, consult, advise, prospect, and also serve as the expert on all things seed, fertilizer and chemical related to his or her BRANDT team and customers.
The BFA will report to the Ashland Location Manager of BRANDT Agronomic.
- Work with an assigned number of key accounts to help them grow better crops and add practices that increase ROI for their operation. Lead seed purchasing efforts with them.
- Assist and advise BRANDT teammates and customers on seed selection/placement from all brands.
- Prospect on assigned accounts. Represent BRANDT and see what ways we can help farmers increase ROI.
- Help collect and organize customer data from monitors and cloud based systems. Provide actionable results for customers from that data.
- Assist Technical Services Team to originate and execute replicated on farm trials for seed, fertilizer, crop protection, foliar nutrition, and next level ag technology.
- Build prescriptions, reports, and detailed crop plans for key customers in unison with other BRANDT team members when applicable.
- Be a responsive and timely point of contact for in field diagnostics and troubleshooting as requested by BRANDT salespeople and customers during the growing season.
- Work with seed partners to develop seed business plans that are focused on retention and growth.
- Teamwork/Collaboration Skills
- Customer Focus
- Independent Self-Starter
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
Not applicable to this position.
The BRANDT Field Advisor will be required to work within their designated territory, assisting customers and retail locations.
Classification/Expected Hours of Employment
This position is a full time position and is exempt from minimum wage and overtime pay requirements under federal and all applicable state or local laws. Days and hours of work are based needs of customers and retailers.
This position requires up to 75% travel within their designated territory.
Required Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Agronomy or Ag And/or minimum 2 - 5 years of job experience required.
- Certified Crop Advisor designation preferred.
- Intermediate computer and software skills required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers record.
- CDL required.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Team BRANDT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.