A CDL driver will operate a single, tandem or multi-axle configuration truck for delivery and/or pick-up of agronomy products to/from the company locations or customer locations. This position involves delivery of product to farm fields. This position must possess a Class A or B CDL, hazmat endorsement is a plus.
The CDL Driver will report to the Plant Manager. This position will work with the Agronomic Services location and assigned customers.
- Operates all assigned vehicles; single, tandem, or multi-axle configurations in accordance to safety standards and proper vehicle operation techniques
- Performs and records daily safety checks of assigned vehicle(s) and associated equipment by conducting pre-trip inspections
- Follows preventative maintenance program and maintains a clean truck
- Loads and unloads products into field application equipment as required
- Ensures all deliveries and pickups are made in accordance with time schedules
- Promotes superior customer service and professionalism within the company and to customers
- Ensures all associated documentation is completed and returned to location at end of the day
- Completes accurate logbooks, records of cargo and any other assigned record-keeping
- May be assigned other operational duties as needed by Plant Manager
Excellent Communication Skills
Not applicable to this position.
The CDL driver will be required to work within their designated territory, assisting customers and retail locations.
Classification/Expected Hours of Employment
This position is a part time position that is non-exempt. Days and hours of work are based needs of customers and retailers.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or the equivalent thereof, and two years or more of related work experience to demonstrate the ability to operate tractor trailers or tender truck equipment
- Ability to meet all company and DOT standards
- CDL is required. Must maintain a CDL with required endorsements
- Ability to work extended hours
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain other applicable certifications, licenses and permits.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Team BRANDT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.