The successful applicant will join a team of Brandt employees at a Retail Agronomy location.
Operates a single, tandem or multi-axle configuration truck for delivery and/or pick-up of agronomy products to/from the company locations or customer locations. Involves the delivery of products to farm fields.
Operates all assigned vehicles, single, tandem, or multi axle configurations, forklifts, etc. in accordance with established safety standards and proper vehicle operation techniques.
Performs and records daily safety checks of assigned vehicle(s) and associated equipment by conducting pre-trip inspections, such as checking fuel and oil levels, inspecting tires, lights, and brakes. Follows the preventative maintenance program and maintains a clean truck to present a professional appearance.
Loads and unloads products into field application equipment as required.
Ensures that all deliveries and pickups are made in accordance with time schedules and performs duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service and professionalism within the company and the industry.
Ensures that all associated documentation, such as bill of ladings and delivery slips are completed accurately and returned to the branch location at the end of the .day.
Completes necessary paperwork, including accurate logbooks, records of cargo and any other assigned record-keeping duties on a daily basis.
May be assigned other operational duties as determined by the location manager.
- Normally requires a high school diploma or the equivalent thereof, and 2 years or more of related work experience to demonstrate knowledge of and the ability to safely operate tractor trailer or tender truck equipment and to meet company and DOT standards. Agricultural operations experience preferred.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Must have and maintain a CDL license with required endorsements and any other applicable certification, license or permit, valid medical card and satisfactory driving record, as applicable.
- Ability to work extended hours and on-call as business conditions warrant.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain other applicable certifications, licenses, and permits.
Brandt Consolidated, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.