The Computer Support Specialist will provide technical support and assistance to employees and retail locations regarding hardware and software issues within BRANDT. He or she will possess expertise in computer and technology needs. This position will require the ability to work on computer and portable devices and handle all technical requests.
The Computer Support Specialist will report to the Information Technology Director and work closely with the managers of assigned BRANDT locations.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve technical issues through our Helpdesk portal.
- Provide efficient problem resolution remotely or onsite at remote locations.
- Install, update, maintain, troubleshoot, and support our networks, IT hardware, software, and services.
- Accurately document daily tasks.
- Provide exceptional customer service through communication, documentation, and building relationships.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally both written and orally in a business environment, including describing technical solutions in a user-friendly manner.
- Commitment to always providing exceptional customer service.
Ability to multitask
Proficiency in Excel and Word
Not applicable to this position.
Professional office environment. This position will be required to work at different locations, including assisting retail locations.
Classification/Expected Hours of Employment
This position is a full-time position and is exempt from minimum wage and overtime pay requirements under federal and all applicable state or local laws. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5 p.m., with evening and weekend work required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 50% travel within Illinois to other BRANDT locations.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Computer Information Systems.
- Experience with Cell Phone, Tablet, Wi-Fi, VOIP, and A/V systems.
- Familiarity with Dell enterprise hardware lines.
- Previous experience with multi-location WAN/LAN topography.
- At least one year of Computer Support experience and/or have certifications
- A+, Network+, MCP certification or equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft software and technologies, such as: desktop & server OS, Office
- Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with users and vendors.
- Must be well spoken, outgoing, organized, detail orientated, dependable and flexible.
- Possess a love for problem solving and troubleshooting issues.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing, or walking.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Team BRANDT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.