The Captain position in the BRANDT corporate flight department is responsible for flying the company aircraft, ensuring aircraft upkeep and readiness, flight planning and recording, and following all expectations of the corporate flight department. This individual must possess the required qualifications of the FAA as well as the requirements listed below. This individual must communicate well with others, be competent in working with technical data, and be a quick thinker and a team player.
The Captain will report to the Chief Pilot. This position will work closely with other members of the leadership team. This individual must reside within 2 hours of TPA or be willing to relocate.
- Ensure that the aircraft is clean and prepared for flight with all provisions onboard for the safety and comfort of the passengers.
- Review weight and balance, fuel planning, and performance charts.
- Study weather conditions at destination, enroute, and departure points.
- Study appropriate approach charts, field conditions, and notices to air missions.
- Aircraft Operations – Become familiar with:
- All operational procedures applicable to the powerplant, equipment, and systems of the CE-560XL.
- Performance specifications and limitations.
- Normal, abnormal, and emergency operating procedures.
- Flight manual, placards, and markings.
- All applicable FARs and company policies pertinent to assigned duties.
- Aircraft and Hangar Upkeep:
- Aircraft interior and exterior cleaning.
- Restocking galley items.
- Recording company and aircraft flight logs.
- Ensure aircraft readiness items are compliant (E.g. GPS database currency, aircraft oxygen, tire, and nitrogen bottle pressures, oil level, projected maintenance inspections, etc.).
- Restocking hangar supplies.
- Flexible and adaptable to schedule changes, delays, etc.
- Organized and pays close attention to detail. Plans ahead to accommodate passengers and provides excellent customer service.
- Communicates well with other members of the flight department as well as BRANDT employees and clients.
- Possesses excellent work ethic, a high level of professionalism, and is a team player.
- Continuously on-time.
Not applicable to this position.
Classification/Expected Hours of Employment
This position is a full time position and is exempt from minimum wage and overtime pay requirements under federal and all applicable state or local laws. Days and hours of work are based on needs of BRANDT employees and clients.
Required Education and Experience
- Holds an FAA airline transport pilot certificate.
- CE-560XL type rating strongly preferred.
- Holds an FAA first class medical.
- Corporate flying experience strongly preferred.
- Has logged a minimum of 3000 hours total flight time.
- Has logged a minimum of 1500 hours of multi-engine time.
- Has logged a minimum of 1000 hours of turbine time.
- Has logged a minimum of 500 hours turbine PIC time.
- Garmin G5000 or Garmin avionics experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- Industry Competitive Compensation
- 401(K) profit sharing plan
- Medical/Dental/Vision Healthcare Benefits
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term disability coverage
- Paid vacation time
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Team BRANDT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.