The Human Resource Coordinator will work in conjunction with the Human Resource Director and Human Resource Manager to aid and facilitate the human resource processes at all business locations.
- Responsible for meeting with new hires and obtaining all new hire payroll forms, benefits enrollment forms, etc. Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward the Company’s goals.
- Draft Offer Letters for new employees.
- Maintaining employee benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, as well as the employee assistance program.
- Inputting benefits into ADP via the employee benefit portals and auditing benefit statements / censuses routinely verifying that the benefits feeds are working properly, that every employee is correctly enrolled in the benefits plans / tiers they have chosen and that the correct employee payroll deductions are occurring.
- Assists all employees when a benefit question or issue arises. Works directly with the Agent or designated Representative to resolve issues on employees’ behalf.
- Prepare disability forms/ work with employees to ensure appropriate documentation submitted for claims.
- COBRA administration/ delivery of monthly invoices to accounting.
- Maintains internal records of benefits plans participation for each employee.
- Maintains all personnel files.
- Works with Brandt Payroll to provide individual insurance costs for the annual Compensation Summary sheets provided to EVPs and Managers. Organizes, copies and distributes Compensation Summary sheets. Retains a copy of each completed Compensation Summary sheet for personnel files and provides a completed copy of the sheets to Payroll for input and adjustment.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Conducts criminal background checks in locations designated as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
- Arranges and obtains pre-employment drug tests for all prospective new hires. Coordinates and ensure all appropriate new hire paperwork has been completed (including MVR documentation and drug testing).
- Year end 1095C review/ ongoing data entry into ADP to ensure employee information is up to date.
- Yearly Section 125 Plan administration
- EEOC Reporting.
- Works with payroll, accounting, legal and other divisions within the company to exchange data as needed/work on overlapping projects.
- Annual input and distribution of Brandt Christmas gift cards.
- Coordinates sexual harassment training.
- Management by Strengths (MBS) Training and Certification.
- Organizes various employee events.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain a mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse workforce
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledgeable and experienced in human resource principles, practices and procedures
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or issues while maintaining complete confidentiality
- Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development
- Results and people oriented, but having sound judgment and the ability to balance other business considerations
Job Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer literacy required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required
Brandt Consolidated, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.