The Maintenance Technician will work in the manufacturing facility with a variety of equipment. This position is responsible for keeping the facility operating and repairing any problems that arise. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for conducting general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment including conveyors, pumps, pneumatics, motors and preventative maintenance.
The Maintenance Technician will report to the Plant Manager of the Pleasant Plains manufacturing facility. This position is located at our Pleasant Plains, IL facility.
- Installs, repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance
- Survey building and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with safety regulations
- Create preventative maintenance program for all blending and packaging lines and ensure program is being executed
- Service forklifts including oil changes, battery, belt and hose replacement and any other maintenance required
- Create and manage replacement parts inventory list. Maintains inventories of equipment parts and supplies by checking stock and placing orders
- Design and implement weekly, monthly, semi-annual preventative maintenance per recommendations from vendors for all machines and equipment
- Responsible for building maintenance that includes changing lights, hanging signs and other facility needs
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical equipment in operation
- Ability to rebuild pumps, pump replacement, motor replacement, conveyor replacement or mechanical adjustments, and rebuilding heads for packaging lines
- Ability to do mechanical and electrical work in the manufacturing facility
Efficient mechanical and electrical skills
Excellent Communication Skills
Not applicable to this position.
The Maintenance Technican will be working in a manufacturing environment. This position may be inside or outside, this could include extreme cold or extreme heat depending on weather.
Classification/Expected Hours of Employment
This position is a full-time position that is non-exempt. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, there may be some overtime necessary on weekends depending on facility demands.
Required Education and Experience
- 5 plus years’ experience in Industrial maintenance including mechanical and electrical
- Ability to operate machinery and technical equipment
- Experience with maintaining and repairing pneumatic systems
- Required to have the ability to weld for repairs needed.
- Knowledge and management of preventative maintenance system
- Follow all safety and industry standards
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. repetitively.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Team BRANDT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.