The Operations Assistant is mainly responsible for assisting the location manager in daily operations. This position will help manage many aspects of the location including mixing chemicals, loading dry fertilizer, scouting fields, custom application of products and management of employees. The position will work closely with all employees at the location or assigned to the area including sales and field advisors. The Operations Assistant provides agronomic support and education within the designated area.
The Operations Assistant will report to the Plant Manager of Raymond, IL. This position will work with the Raymond customer base and is a potential leadership opportunity for growth into a plant management position.
- Assist Plant Manager in daily operations
- Load dry fertilizer
- Scout fields as directed
- Custom apply products as needed
- Provide agronomic support to local customers
- Provide agronomic advice to customers and staff.
- Knowledge of the retail agronomy industry
- Answers questions concerning products
- Builds and develops long-term relationships with customers, peers and suppliers
- Provide problem solving and understanding of customer needs to reach customers’ goals and expectations
Excellent Communication Skills
Ability to multitask
Proficiency in Excel and Word
This position is assisting the Plant Manager with the management of location employees.
The Operations Assistant will be required to work at a retail location in all types of weather.
Classification/Expected Hours of Employment
This position is a full time position and is exempt from minimum wage and overtime pay requirements under federal and all applicable state or local laws. Days and hours of work are based on needs of customers and seasonal work.
This position requires up to 40% travel within their designated territory.
Required Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Agronomy or Ag Science preferred. And/or minimum 2 - 5 years of job experience required.
- CDL & Hazmat certification or willingness to complete within 60 days of employment
- Intermediate computer and software skills required.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Team BRANDT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.