Custom applicators are responsible for the operation of spray equipment and the effective application of pesticides or fertilizer. They mix, load and apply pesticides and fertilizers to fields at approved applicable rates. Custom applicators also operate and maintain a variety of equipment and vehicles including sprayers, spreaders and trucks. They must maintain accurate application records and communicate with customers.
- Operate and maintain all equipment and vehicles
- Mix, load and apply pesticides and fertilizers
- Apply pesticides and fertilizers at applicable rates to the appropriate fields
- Handle and deliver bulk and packaged chemicals
- Perform daily vehicle inspections
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Maintain application/spray records
- Manage customer service relations
- Organize and coordinate application timetable with customers
- Knowledgeable of seed, chemical and fertilizer to make informed decisions
- Recertify spraying technician license and safety training every two years
- CDL required
Being a custom applicator with BRANDT is more than meets the eye. Take a look at what a typical day in-the-life is like for our custom applicators.
Brandt Consolidated, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.