Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Purchasing Manager is responsible for the following activities and initiatives.
- Creates and deploys inventory management strategy across entire supply chain, including inventory positioning and distribution, strategic sourcing of raw materials, and KPI improvement.
- Develops analytics and implements tools to ensure supply chain is functioning according to strategy.
- Maintains relationship with strategic vendors, create global vendor expectations and measure performance.
- Applies and maintains best practices for procurement processes, systems, and tools across all locations.
- Establishes and oversees policies and procedures specifically related to purchasing methods, bidding, and contract management.
- Manages a team of Purchasing Supervisors located within each manufacturing location.
- Interfaces with the rest of the organization as it relates to supply chain and purchasing.
- Participates in Sales & Operations Planning and forecasting activities with Production, Sales, and Logistics.
- Participates in strategic projects related to expansion, product diversification, etc.
- Conducts market research and benchmarking to identify new trends, technologies, and opportunities for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills.
- Direct reports include Procurement Specialist(s) and Sr. Procurement Specialist(s). Coordinates with remote sites with those executing sales orders.
- Hires and trains departmental supervisors.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
The physical environment requires the employee to work primarily in an office environment with prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Occasionally works in warehouse/plant in heat/cold conditions. Occasionally required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazards. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Expected Hours of Employment
This position is a full-time position that is exempt. Expected to maintain regular office hours (40 hours) to fulfill function of this role. May be required to work additional hours. Travel required up to 10% of the time.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
- Supply chain, purchasing background 7 years’ experience.
- Familiarity with MRP and TMS systems
- Comfortable with analytics and reporting
- Previous experience with international supply chain management and logistics preferred.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
Team BRANDT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.