The Technical Agronomist (TA) will provide technical agronomic support, education, and be astute in foundational and cutting edge agricultural technologies. This position will work with the technical service team to plan, conduct, and execute agronomic field trials and evaluate new technologies supported by BRANDT. The TA must thrive in a team environment.
The Technical Agronomist will report to the Executive Vice President of BRANDT Agronomic Services and work closely with the managers of assigned BRANDT Retail locations and the technical services team. The TA will have an office at BRANDT HQ in Springfield, IL.
Locations covered by the TA will be Virginia, Ashland, Pleasant Plains, New Berlin, Franklin, Waverly, Auburn, Raymond, Oakford, Greenview, Williamsville, Lincoln, Niantic, and Mt. Auburn, Illinois. Additional coverage will be provided to independent BRANDT partners as needed in a similar footprint.
- Coordinate and develop agronomic trainings and meetings/field days for our customers and sales team multiple times per year.
- Provide market leadership on seeds, traits, chemistry, nutrition, and new public and private agronomy research.
- Provide expert analysis of tissue and soil test data and supporting recommendations.
- Help collect and organize customer data from monitors and cloud based systems. Provide actionable results for customers from that data.
- Lead the efforts analyzing and presenting from the BRANDT Decision Ag consulting network.
- Coordinate and execute replicated on farm trials for seed, fertilizer, crop protection, foliar nutrition, and next level agricultural technology.
- Coach new salespeople and lead them to CCA designation.
- Provide support and knowledge while accompany our sales team during sales calls for customers and prospects.
- Build prescriptions, reports, and detailed crop plans for key customers in unison with other BRANDT team members.
- Provide timely in field diagnostics and troubleshooting as requested by BRANDT salespeople during the growing season.
- Provide weekly updates and social media content in conjunction with BRANDT marketing department to educate and update our salespeople and customers.
- Assist our Research Farm Managers in developing and fostering new ideas for trials and systems that our customers need to be testing on their own farms in future years.
- Builds a peer network with industry technical experts and BRANDT vendors such as BASF®, Bayer®, Corteva™, FMC, Syngenta®, Valent®, and Winfield® United.
- Teamwork/Collaboration Skills
- Customer Focus
- Independent Self-Starter
- Agricultural Expertise
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
Not applicable to this position.
The Technical Agronomist will be required to work with different retail locations, customers and in an office setting depending on the time of year. The TA may be working in the field or may be required to attend professional meetings.
Classification/Expected Hours of Employment
This position is a full time position and is exempt from minimum wage and overtime pay requirements under federal and all applicable state or local laws. Days and hours of work are based needs of customers and retailers.
This position requires up to 75% travel within a two hour radius of the corporate office, this is to visit retail locations and customers.
Required Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Agronomy or Ag Science
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of job experience required.
- M.S. degree preferred but not required.
- Certified Crop Advisor designation required.
- UAS Remote Pilot license preferred.
- Intermediate computer and software skills required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers record. CDL a plus but not required.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position and the duties and responsibilities may change without notice
Team BRANDT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.