The BRANDT Technical Agronomist (TA) will need to be an independent self-starter that is excited by challenges and focused on helping our customers and retail team succeed. You will need to be a natural leader and excellent communicator. You must handle multiple tasks at once and be a reliable educator to our team and customers. There will need to be an intense focus by the TA to be our customers and BRANDT salespersons trusted expert in all things agronomy.
The TA will provide technical agronomic support, education, and be astute in foundational and cutting edge agricultural technologies. This position will work with the technical service team to plan, conduct, and execute agronomic field trials and evaluate new technologies supported by BRANDT. The TA must thrive in a team environment.
The Technical Agronomist will report to the Executive Vice President of BRANDT Agronomic Services and work closely with the managers of assigned BRANDT Retail locations and the technical services team. The TA will have an office at BRANDT HQ in Springfield, IL.
Locations covered by the TA will be Virginia, Ashland, Pleasant Plains, New Berlin, Franklin, Waverly, Auburn, Raymond, Oakford, Greenview, Williamsville, Lincoln, Niantic, and Mt. Auburn, Illinois. Additional coverage will be provided to independent BRANDT partners as needed in a similar footprint.
- 4yeardegreeinAgronomyorAgScienceMinimum2-5years ofjob experience required. M.S. degree preferred but not required.
- Certified Crop Advisor designation required.
- UAS Remote Pilot license preferred.
- Intermediate computer and software skills required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers record. CDL a plus but not required.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Coordinate and develop agronomic trainings and meetings/field days for our customers and sales team multiple times per year.
- Provide market leadership on seeds, traits, chemistry, nutrition, and new public and private agronomy research.
- Provide expert analysis of tissue and soil test data and supporting recommendations.
- Help collect and organize customer data from monitors and cloud based systems.Provide actionable results for customers from that data.
- Lead the efforts analyzing and presenting from the BRANDT Decision Ag consulting network.
- Coordinate and execute replicated on farm trials for seed, fertilizer, crop protection, foliar nutrition, and next level ag technology.
- Coach new salespeople and lead them to CCA designation.
- Provide support and knowledge while accompany our sales team during sales calls for customers and prospects.
- Build prescriptions, reports, and detailed crop plans for key customers in unison with other BRANDT team members.
- Provide timely in field diagnostics and troubleshooting as requested by BRANDT salespeople during the growing season.
- Provide weekly updates and social media content in conjunction with BRANDT marketing department to educate and update our salespeople and customers.
- Assist our Research Farm Managers in developing and fostering new ideas for trials and systems that our customers need to be testing on their own farms in future years.
- Builds a peer network with industry technical experts and BRANDT vendors such as BASF®, Bayer®, Corteva™, FMC, Syngenta®, Valent®, and Winfield® United.
Commensurate with experience.
Technical Support Vehicle.
Cell Phone, IPAD, Laptop.
Field Equipment necessary to complete on farm trials and projects.
Team BRANDT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.