Your Guide to a Complete Soybean Nutrition Program
March 15, 2022
Thanks for tuning in to our Soybean Nutrition Program! Our experts, who have years of experience working with soybeans, have put together their recommendations for secondary and micro nutrients based on their experience and trial work with soybeans.
What You’ll Learn
- What micronutrients are important to soybeans
- What role each micronutrient plays in soybeans production
- When to apply micronutrients to soybeans
- A better understanding of foliar micronutrient technologies
- Which products can help you accomplish your micronutrient goals
Sign up here to be notified when the videos are released.
If you have any questions at all about this information presented to you, BRANDT is always glad to help. Click or tap the button below to get in touch with a BRANDT expert.
Do you think BRANDT’s products are the right fit for your operation? Click or tap the button below to find a retailer that sells BRANDT products near you.
4 Goals for Soybean Fertility
We've broken this fertility program into four goals that a grower should try to optimize yield and set the crop up for a good yield next year. Within each of these goals we're going to focus on the role various plant nutrients play during those stages of crop development.
- Priming the soil
- Stress Mitigation
- Pod Fill
Priming the Soil
Goal Number One - Soil Preparation
- Provide a nutrient rich soil for germination – N, P, S
- Nodule formation
- Seed treatments to help with disease resistance
- Assist plants to metabolize post herbicides
- Improves nitrogen production
- Reduce abiotic plant stress
Products and Timing
- BRANDT EnzUp Zn 1 qt/a
- (4% Zn)
- BRANDT EnzUp Mn Plus 1 qt/a
- (3% Mn)
- BRANDT Uptake Starter 1 -4 pints/a
- (4% N, 1% K2O, 4% S)
Release Bonded Nutrition in Cold Soils
MANNANASE: Breaks down exudates around root tip and organic carbon, which releases sugars and improves water and nutrient uptake
LIPASE: Breaks down lipid portion of organic matter into smaller more digestible units, potentially also mineralizing N and P into plant available forms.
Goal Number Two - Mitigate Stress
- Zn and Mn, assist with stress mitigation
- Metabolize herbicide
- Stimulate root growth
Products and Timing
- BRANDT Smart Sulfur Plus 1 -2 qt/a
- (5% N, 5% S, 0.5% B, 1.5% Mn, 0.05% Mo, 1.5% Zn)
- BRANDT Smart Trio 1 -2 qt/a
- (4% N, 3% S, 0.25% B, 3% Mn, 3% Zn)
- BRANDT Smart Quatro Plus 1 -2 qt/a
- (5% N, 2% S, 0.5% B, 2% Mn, 0.05% Mo, 2% Zn)
- BRANDT Smart Mn Plus 1 - 2 qt/a
- (5% N, 2% S, 4% Mn)
BRANDT® Smart System®
Tank Mix Compatibility with Crop Protectants
- BRANDT Smart System stays compatible
- Truly unique micronutrient protection system
- Not a chelate or a complex
- Re-wettable after dry down on leaf
Use with Glyphosate
BRANDT SMART TRIO is the original formulation in the topselling BRANDT® SMART SYSTEM® foliar nutrient product line. It is a ready to use 4-0-0 formulation with a robust micronutrient package, including Boron, Manganese, Sulfur and Zinc. It is ideal for in-season nutrient applications on row crops and is an excellent tank mix partner for glyphosate and late season fungicide applications.
Use with Dicamba and 2, 4-D
BRANDT SMART QUATRO PLUS is a new advanced compatibility, high efficiency foliar designed for superior compatibility with fungicides and *select dicamba herbicides. The 5-0-0 formulation contains a full micronutrient package, including boron, manganese, molybdenum, zinc and sulfur. It supplies high quality, readily available nutrients to plants in a highly efficient and mobile form, making it an ideal choice for in-season nutrient applications on row crops
BRANDT Smart System Products Approved for Use with Dicamba and 2, 4-D Herbicides
|Formulation||Product Description||XtendiMax||Engenia||Enlist Duo||Enlist One||Tavium|
|BRANDT Smart B-Mo||High efficiency foliar boron with molybdenum||X||X||X||X|
|BRANDT Smart Fe||High efficiency foliar iron with sulfur||X||X|
|BRANDT Smart K B||High efficiency foliar potassium with boron||X*||X||X||X|
|BRANDT Smart Mn Plus||High efficiency foliar manganese||X*||X||X||X||X|
|BRANDT Smart P||High efficiency phosphate||X||X|
|BRANDT Smart Quatro Plus||Advanced compatibility foliar Zn, Mn, B and Mo||X||X||X||X||X|
|BRANDT Smart Sulfur Plus||High efficiency foliar sulfur with full micropack||X||X||X||X|
|BRANDT Smart Cu||High efficiency foliar copper with sulfur||X||X||X|
*with approved DRA
BRANDT Smart Mn PlusSoybean Tissue Test – Average of 9 Location – 2017 to 2018
Soybean Acres Highly Susceptible to Mn Deficiencies
Mn Deficiency has Significant Impact on Photosynthetic Activity
Green = Soybean Acres
Blue = High Incidence of Mn Deficiency
1. High pH soils with low Mn content
2. Isolated soil pockets with low Mn
3. Pockets of black sandy soils, muck and lakebed soils. Low Mn soil levels.
4. Low pH, well drained sandy coastal plains soil and high rain fall. Low Mn soil levels.
See the Smart System Difference
Video 2: "Flowering" Coming Soon!
Sign up below to make sure you get the latest soybean growing tips as soon as they're released.